Saturday, January 8, 2011

Handmade With Love

Hi everyone! I am back after taking some "catch up" time and I am SO SUPER EXCITED about all the plans I have in the works for my blog!! I sure have missed you guys!  

Today's card was inspired by a card in the new Cricut Magazine. Did you know that you can subscribe to a digital edition?! It is SO much cheaper and you can access it NOW! It is $4.95 a month and they charge you monthly. I did it, although I am a hold-it-in-your-hands card magazine addict! I LOVE my card/crafting magazines and spend way more than I should, so I thought I would give digital a try. There are a lot of pros to it, actually. If you are interested in subscribing digitally, click HERE. I have gotten used to accessing it online and I love how you can click on links in the supply sections and go directly to the merchant sites. It's pretty cool! I scraplifted this card from the magazine because I just LOVED the doily! I recently found some doilies with my table linens during the holidays and immediately moved them to my scrap room!  Doilies are EVERYWHERE right now and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE them! All hail the doily!  I inked mine up a little with some distress ink so it wouldn't look SO stark white.

Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Recipe:
Country Life Cricut cartridge (apron is cut at 3" and
layered with several layers at varying sizes)
Stamp: My Pink Stamper Family & Friends (I didn't ink the word "by")
Patterned Paper:  October Afternoon (Fly a Kite), the red gingham is from K & Co.
Kraft, Rustic Cream, cardstock and button: Papertrey Ink
 Cream ribbon:  Offray
Antique Linen Distress Ink:  Tim Holtz

Hope I inspired you to pull out the doilies! If you don't have any on hand, you can find them in Wilton section of most Walmarts AND they are cheap!

Have a HAPPY HAPPY Saturday!
Hugs,
Kimmy

3 comments:

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!