Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Lotta Cupcake Cards!!

Hi friends! Okay, so I'm sure you are real sick and tired of me saying I'm back, only to go MIA, yet again! Well, all I can say is that I have FINALLY gotten myself somewhat  organized, craft-wise and personally...LOL. NO MORE going MIA for long periods of time...at least not w/out warning! Promise.

I was on a bit on product overload (if that's at all possible) and did some rearranging in my craft room.  I really let things get out of control in there and I just couldn't take it anymore! I bought the embellishment center from Michael's and I just LOVE it! They had a great sale on their Jetmax storage (40% off) AND I received a coupon via email for an extra 25% off entire purchase, even sale items! Now, that was a great deal! The retail price is almost $80.00 and I ended up getting it for around $35.00.  I bought some of the plastic jars, too. You will be surprised at how much stuff you can get in those! Also, the ribbon holder holds quite a bit of ribbon.

Now, onto today's project. I have to say I never thought these cupcakes would end! I was at a point where I wanted them out of my life for good, BUT, now that they are finished, I am pleased with the result!  I made 12 of them. Some for the boys to give as Valentines to their teachers and some for friends. They are tiny, but cute enough to eat!! =] 
My pictures really stink lately! I am not sure if it is my camera or the way too advanced for me photo program that came w/ my new pink netbook. I am working on it!

Recipe:
Sweet Treats Cricut Cartridge (shape card & layers cut at 3.24" on my Gypsy)
Patterned paper - Little Yellow Bicycle Tonal Polkahearts from Artful Delight's January Kit (I just started their kit-of-the-month this month and I am IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!
Cardstock and ribbon - Papertrey Ink
Imaginesce I-rock tool for bling
Martha Stewart Tourmaline glitter (YUMMY!)
I was just going to add a sentiment inside, but I thought they needed a little something else. I added the little "Sweet" piece after the fact (should of done this BEFORE, because I had to go and pull all of the hearts up to add it, but oh well! =/ )

I hope you all are enjoying your weekend so far! I am having a nice and relaxing weekend with my boys.  They are still in the honeymoon period with their XBox Kinnect that they got for Christmas, so I will definitely be crafting in between hearing "Mooooooooooooooooooom"! LOL. Gotta love 'em!!!

Hugs,
Kimmy 

8 comments:

  1. Yep, the Sweet message really did finish these off perfectly! And, I never would have thought to put the bling there - they look so cute!!! Thanks for the reminder for TEACHER Valentines :) Ugh, I got 1 out of 3 kids' classes done... I love mass producing little cards, but I'm about ready to be done with VDay this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word!!!! You did an amazing job!!!!! I absolutely love it!!!! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fabulous! I'm glad you're done with these adorable cupcakes too! I won't have to hear you moan about them anymore. Your just so far ahead of me. I have a long way to go, but am going to enjoy getting there. Especially with you giving me gentle guidance! LOL Your BFF, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so pretty and yummy!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!