Friday, June 4, 2010

Fabulous Friday, Some New Products, Video Update, and Thunderstorms...All in One Post!

Happy Friday everyone! Don't you just love Fridays?! Even though I work from home and make my own schedule, I still love Fridays! Just a habit, I guess, from my old days as a teacher. Boy, did I love Fridays then. LOL  We have had some pretty awful storms here in Central Florida and I have lost electricity TWICE this week. Ugh!! Yesterday I truly thought our pool cage was coming down. Winds were report at 60 MPH. Wow!!!  Apparently, we are not done yet. The forecast says we are having more this weekend. Wish me luck!!! As long as my family and Cricut are safe I'll be okay. LOL

I'm not sure what's going on with me, but it seems like I've been working my tail off and don't have much to show for it. Do you ever feel that way? I guess I am a little overwhelmed. If you've read any of my previous posts you know that I am just "getting back" after a very long hiatus. I've had to get a lot of new stuff and a lot of it I'm having to learn how to use! Now, the Cricut, I've got that one down and then some! It's just that I've gotten so many goodies in the last couple of weeks that I want to use them ALL...at once!

Here are some of my favorite "goodies" that I've acquired this week:
  • the most incredible DCWV mat stacks EVER (from Joann's; they are having a great paper crafting sale right now and most everything is 40% off; I'm working on a video just to show how awesome these stacks are)
  • some new Martha Stewart Crafts punches (they were on clearance at Walmart!!)
  • GLITTER, GLITTER, GLITTER (Martha again...all of her glitter is on clearance, too. The most GORGEOUS  gemstone colors. I think I'm going to show them in my video, as well. They're too pretty not to.)
  • A heat tool. I broke down and got one because, Martha again, had them on sale. Good deal. I can't remember exactly how much, but I do know it was greatly reduced.
  • Embossing stuff. Can't have the heat tool without the "stuff". Right?
  • A couple of new cartridges. There are a bunch marked down at Walmart. Let me see if I can remember which ones are marked down:  Life's a Beach, Doodlecharms, oh, I can't remember, but a pretty good assortment. The only problem with my Walmart is that they don't ever have any new carts in stock. Most are older, but that's good if you are trying to get your library going.
  • Some paper and the Everyday Paper Dolls cart.  Believe it or not; BIG LOTS.  I had no idea until recently that they carry scrapbooking supplies.  What I have come to find out is that carry this line of really nice patterned paper packaged in plastic that does not have a brand listed anywhere. It just says Open Stock or something like that. Anyway, it is DCWV!!!!!!!!  The reason I know this is because I saw the exact same paper included in some of the DCWV stacks at Joann's. They sell these little packs of some of the papers from the stacks for $3 to $5. They are samples, I guess, of the DCWV stacks.  There are just a few sheets in these sampler packs, so I'm thinking they are not such a good deal if you can get the whole stack on sale at your local craft store. As I said earlier, everything is on sale at Joann's for 40% off and the 12 x 12 DCWV stacks are regularly $19.99; so you're actually able to get them for around $16 on sale.
Sorry, if I was a little winded. I just get so excited about sales! I am no money bags so I have to really shop sales to get the good stuff. =]

Hope you all have a FABULOUS FRIDAY and watch for my video on those DCWV mat stacks. I just got a new Flip UltraHD. I used to have the old Flip and it got stolen a couple of years ago. =[  So,  I haven't had a video camera in a while. I am still learning how to use this new one and edit and all that, so I can't promise that I'll have a video posted today. I'm trying guys. I really am. This all is just a little overwhelming at once and as usual, I try to tackle a million things at once. If only we didn't have to sleep. LOL You'll have to excuse me today. I am just feeling goofy!!!!

Much Cricut Love and Glittery Dreams,

Kimmy

4 comments:

  1. lol, I know how it feels! It soo exciting to have new stuff! But at least it's not going anywhere, and we still all want to see what you create when you do get a chance to post it :) Can't wait to see, and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kimmy wishing you a Lovely weekend with your Boys hug them for me ok? Ok! still trying to figure out my Blog thingy! I'll call ya next week...Love & always lots of Pixie~Dust! Poof! I Love all of Martha Stewart's Glitter! Delightful lol xoxo~Angie(Tink!)♫♥☼ we must Dance & Sing in The Rain!♫♥☼ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    What's DCWV??
    Great blog - I'm following you :)
    If you get a chance, please stop by http://ladybonesonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love comments!! Thank you. TBones, DCWV is "Die Cuts With a View". Sorry about that! =[

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!