Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Simon Says Stamp Favorite Tool Challenge~Birthday Pocket Card

I am back with another card share for the Simon Says Stamp Use Your Favorite Tool Challenge. All of my tools are my favorite tools, but I thought I'd share a card using my latest favorite...my little sewing machine.  I just LOVE the look of machine stitching on cards, so a while back I bought a Janome Sew Mini on eBay. I used to have a regular size machine, but I ended selling it long before my paper crafting addiction began. I have to say this little machine works great. Perfect for card making and doesn't take up too much space in my craft room. Okay, on to the card...





My mom needed a birthday card for my aunt and I wanted it to be extra special. I used a sketch from Paper Crafts "Card Ideas for Paper Crafters" (pg. 92) and was inspired, in particular, by the fabulous Julia Stainton's card featured in the issue.  I thought the double-sided paper was just perfect for this design.  


I found a perfect sister poem on the internet and printed it out on cardstock for the pocket insert. Mom was happy and my aunt loved it!


Well, that's it for me! It is very late and I'm off to bed. Good night!


Supplies Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by!